LR January Assessment

1)WWW:
You have been able to use key theories in certain questions and how those theories effect people in the modern age. As well as you have revised the theorise and other theories that link with with the question.

EBI:
Examples. You need examples from across the media/society/history that support the points you make in Questions 3+4. Focus on adding context more for questions

2)A point that I missed which I could've added is "Synergy" This theory states that their are key links between the content and other methods of maximising profit due to the branding being kept the same etc.
3)On a scale from 1-10, in terms of how much I revised, i would place myself on a 6.5 or 7.

4)I managed to get 6/6 in the first question because I had 3 strategies and 3 benefits

5)In question 2,I followed the guidance of the question and wrote about public service broadcasters as well as commercial broadcasters. Although, i feel as if i could've included examples about TV shows on commercial broadcasters as that is one of my EBIs. Doing this could have improved my mark overall as I was only 2 marks off of a B, and there is no doubt in my mind that I can achieve this and more.

6)Furthermore, the media does indeed have a damaging effect on audiences due to the fact that nearly everyone has access to social media websites, such as Instagram/Facebook, even younger kids when using their devices, e.g. an iPad. This can expose them to material which can be deemed extremely inappropriate for children of their age. This links to techno panics as the dangerous material, e.g. when there was an iCloud hack and celebrities nude  pictures. These can be damaging to their upbringing as well as their view of celebrities in a negative manor. This further links to the idea that the internet is dangerous in general because of how unregulated it is, meaning that anything can be viewed by anyone, unless restrictions are put in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score Advert and Wider Reading (NC)

MIGRAIN October Assessment Learner Response