MIGRAIN October Assessment Learner Response


Mark:  19/48
Grade: E


WWW: Some good application of media terminology throughout.
EBI: More detailed response/needed, especially for the genre question - include theory and examples



Feedback From Mark Scheme:

Q1)
Marks (5/8)
EBI: Excellent and judicious use of the theoretical framework (media language &
narrative theory) to analyse how poster uses narrative.
Response: For my next exam i will intend to use better media language and apply narrative theories better to get a higher mark especially when analysing films posters use of narrative.


Q2)
Marks (7/12)
EBI: Better understanding of the theoretical framework that is demonstrated via frequent appropriate explanation and comparison of the connotations in the products.
Response: For my next exam i will have a try and improve my explanation for my reasons of connotations within media products.


Q3)
Marks (2/9)
EBI: Excellent knowledge and understanding of the influences of genre on media audiences and industries that is consistently supported by highly appropriate and effective examples.
Response: For my next exam i will get a better understanding of media genre and the influence it creates on the audience and industries.


Q4)
Marks (5/20)
EBI: Judgements and conclusions regarding the application of reception theory are sensible and supported with some appropriate reference to relevant aspects of the set product.
Response: For my next exam i will attempt to have my answers more accurate to the relevant product by incorporating a better judgement and conclusion as my answer currently was not detailed enough to get the higher mark therefore will attempt to spend more time on my conclusion next time.


Strongest Question:
My strongest question was clearly Q2 as i had the best understanding for Q2 due to connotations being something quite easy to understand and therefore allowed me to give a detailed response as i know what the question was asking.

Weakest Question:
Q3 was my weakest question as i believe that i lacked a real understanding on genre and therefore my answer was not as detailed as i would have liked as i had not done enough revision to understand and provide the best answer i could.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score Advert and Wider Reading (NC)