My Media Consumption

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?     
  •  I don't tend to read any newspapers but if available the daily mail.
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why? 
  • Generally, I turn to the back of the newspaper for the sports pages if there are no major news stories that catch my eyes and read the sports section as a good pass time.
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • I hardly ever read the economy section or financial as it does not have a major effect on me but however it does I get notified about it on my phone.
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Sports section as it is something that I am quite interested into and enjoy reading about these sections.
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • I'm not sure about who purchases but I tend to see it when I'm commuting so I tend to have a quick read.
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
  • I never look at online versions of newspapers as I tend to check either tv news or BBC news on my phone for major headlines

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
  • I do not buy and magazines as it does not have a large interest to me.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
  • I would tend to read any sports sections, music sections and major fashion trends section.

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
  • I don't spend many hours watching tv on an actual tv but I do watch tv shows online so approximately 2 hours a day.
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?  
  • Twice
  • What programs do you like best and why?
  • Comedy, Sports or Drama as they all entice be into the shows 
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
  • I generally watch what everyone else watches as I tend to like everything.
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
  • I watch on demand tv and generally watch on my laptop to not have to wait much for shows to come out later than it does in other countries

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
  • Not necessarily as I don't tend to be near around radios but when I am in the car I may listen to the radio if someone is not connected to the speaker.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • I like listening to capital and radio 1 as they have music genres I listen to.
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
  • 1-2 hours a week
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
  • not a set time just whether I am in a car or not.
  • Where do you listen to the radio? 
  • in the car
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
  • none
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio? If so, when do they listen?
  • no one generally listens to the radio in my family.

Cinema
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
  • Annabel
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
  • I generally use Netflix to watch my films or if I am desperate to watch a certain film I will stream it.
  • Who else watched the films with you?
  • Friends
  • Who decided what films to watch?
  • collectively gave our input to come to a conclusion.
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
  • TV and Laptop

Online
  • How often do you access the internet? 
  • Everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
  • generally anywhere as I am always out I will use my mobile data.
  • What are the main sites that you access?
  • Youtube, Media Mcguffin, Amazon but mostly Social Media.
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
  • Most websites and social media I use is for entertainment but sometimes I may do some online shopping.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
  • Messaging or listening to music.
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? Either my laptop or my phone depending on my whereabouts
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
  • Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp and Twitter to see what is happening around the world.

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? 
I can increase the number of hours I spend on general news and decrease amount of time on my go-to websites.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
  • I will assume that I will listen and look at other methods of gathering information via newspapers or radios.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programs etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
  • Newspapers, Radio and a wider array of Television shows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Score Advert and Wider Reading (NC)

MIGRAIN October Assessment Learner Response